Wow, what a wild weekend – especially for us fans of the Miami Hurricanes. I am so disappointed they could not pull out a comeback victory against Virginia Tech. What a let down. Anyways, we are on to a new week, here we go:
Many contributors to Hefty Headlines were invited to participate in our Week 6 poll. For the first time ever, we had six people participate:
Hefty Headlines Top 25 Poll : Week 6
The Alabama Crimson Tide maintain their #1 status – however – Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson, and LSU also received a first place vote. Clemson fell all the way to #4, being passed by Georgia and Ohio State. Auburn fell out of the top ten after losing to Florida this past weekend.
UCF and Oklahoma State are the two teams that dropped out of our top 25 – they were replaced by Cincinnati and Memphis.
Others receiving votes: Texas A&M 10, Memphis 10, Cal 7, Army 4, Michigan State 6, Minnesota 3, Appalachian State 2, BYU 1, Hawaii 1, Arizona 1.
Week 6 Picks
If The CFP Happened Today…
- LSU – beat Texas and has not stumbled against lesser teams. Ohio State – best win was over #25 Michigan State, but the Buckeyes look impressive. Florida – beat Auburn who beat A&M and Oregon. Wisconsin – Destroyed Michigan and is steamrolling everyone they play with Big 10 football.
- There are legit 8 Teams that deserve a real playoff shot with “0” or “1” quality loss: Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Clemson, Oklahoma, Auburn, Florida
- SEC will beat itself up. Wouldn’t be surprised if Bama or Georgia lost and still got in.
- Maybe we should have a raffle for the 4 spots in the CFP. That would be more exciting.
- Will a runningback win the Heisman this year? Chuba Hubbard and Jonathan Taylor are legit.
- All aboard the Chase Young Train! Come on people, let’s be progressive and stop suppressing the best player in the country just because he is an unblock-able force on…”DEFENSE”
- Red River Rivalry will showcase Jalen as the frontrunner
- Tua with 23 TDs and no picks…will need to keep doing it in their big games like Burrow has for LSU.
- It’s Jalen’s to lose
- I think Burrow may throw 100 TDs this year.
- Pre-Season: Trevor Lawrence – QB – Clemson
- Week 1: Jalen Hurts – QB – Oklahoma
- Week 2: Joe Burrow – QB – LSU
- Week 3: Jalen Hurts – QB – Oklahoma AND Joe Burrow – QB – LSU
- Week 4: Joe Burrow – QB – LSU
- Week 5: Jalen Hurts – QB – Oklahoma
Final Week Three Thoughts
- Buzz: Miami is such a disappointment this season. That was such a wild game, and for them to throw away that amazing comeback was heartbreaking. DeeJay Dallas is a stud.
- Tommy Nuggets: Shaping up to be The Ohio State v. The SEC. Big 12 will beat itself up, Pac-12 is poo-poo, Clemson plays in the FCS.
- Klyde Frog: Michigan is really boring to watch.
- Stormin Mormin’: I read an article saying BYU has a 6% chance at making a NY6 bowl even after losing to Toledo. Hope restored.
- Bix: Seasons over, uw sucks.
- Chamby: Penn State 👀
Two HUGE games next week. Oklahoma vs Texas and Florida vs LSU. Should set us up for some movement in our polls, especially our top ten.